General Template for Write-up
The following are some of the major sections required in a write-up. It should be written in an essay form. You may refer to the sample write-up attached together with this general template as a guide. If there are different brands of preschool under the same corporate group, write-ups should be written separately for each individual brand.
- History & Background
- Date of establishment
- Founder’s profile and credential
- Awards and accolades received (include whether the centre is SPARK certified)
- Unique Value Proposition(UVP)/Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Developed in-house? Any proprietary rights?
- Or is it a combination of, or inspired by, one or a few of the main educational philosophy? (E.g. Montessori, High-Scope, Waldorf Steiner, Play-Based, Regio Emilia, Multiple Intelligence, Whole Brain Learning, etc)
- Give examples of day-to-day learning activities that illustrate the learning philosophy. (Specially designed facilities and learning area, curriculum with an outdoor focus, unique learning activities)
Student Composition in Terms of Race and Nationality
- Are they mostly locals or expat children?
- What is the typical racial composition?
- For different programmes, both full and half day, before any subsidies and after GST.
- If the monthly fee differs between locations, provide a range for the various programmes.
Formal Progress Report to Parents
- How frequent and in what form, if any?
Special Enrichment Programme
Types of special enrichment programmes? Some examples:
- Bilingual Immersion
- Primary school preparatory program
- Foreign language class
- Music lesson
- Dance lesson